Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Centennial Trail - Ocala National Forest  (Read 24682 times)
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2017, 05:55:38 PM »

Well, its been another three months since I was up here and I'm sorry to say that nothing has been done. The trails are rough and bumpy, small trees down all over the place on the west side. A friend of ours went with us and he has a bad back and almost couldn't make it the whole way around cause of the rough trails. If you're going to charge us money to ride here, then some trail maintenance should be done in the summer as well as the winter.

Big Scrub Campground is closed until further notice. Wait a minute, I didn't get any notice that it was closed till I got there and the gate was locked. I would have been mad if I would have drove my RV down that very bumpy eight miles on FR13, only to be turned around with a locked gate.

I used to really like to ride here, but this year June and I will not be buying a yearly pass unless they start dragging the trails. Kris must have deserted us as he has not given us an update in many months. Yes, I am a little pissed off right now Kris. The rain is here so the fires should be less, so bring back the bulldozer and at least finish the few miles on the east side. I've said enough !

Larry
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2017, 04:36:24 PM »

I called John last night and he said a lot of trees were down from the storm, but they have been cut out of the way for the most part. You may still have some branches to deal with.

They have not dragged the trails yet, so they are a little bumpy.

Kris was called up with the military and is on active duty till sometime in January.

Big Scrub Campground is closed. No camping there.

That's all I know for now.

Larry
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2017, 12:40:32 PM »

Just got off the phone with John, and he said the trails at Centennial are open, but the Big Scrub Campground is still closed. I guess that so many people were getting stuck in there, that they are going to re do the roads with clay, etc. He did not know when they were to do this, but probably not till December at the earliest. Every Thanksgiving that place filled up, but I guess not this year. Larry
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2017, 08:49:58 AM »

Thanks for the updates, Larry.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2017, 05:30:38 AM »